Social Service History (1)
Social activities' name:
Support and assistance center for moral and social rehabilitation of people in prison.
Displayed activities' description and their work methodologies:
- Counseling activities and therapy:
- prisoners' moral - educational counseling accomplished by courses.
- meetings with inmates and debates on specific themes within the precinct of the penitentiary.
- mail counseling with prisoners accomplished by a group of volunteers trained on this direction.
- Activities which have as purpose the prevention and the restriction of difficulty and vulnerability situations that may end in social isolation or social expulsion:
- meetings with groups of teenagers and young people with the purpose of presenting the consequences of delinquency acts and behavior.
- recently released prisoners who speak about their life experiences.
- documentary movies which present life behind bars, their risk elements, their rehabilitation odds. ( ex. “Transformed Lives”).
- recreation activities, special events for a group of teenagers and young people from a street environment.
- activities accomplished in cooperation with different associations for preventing delinquency.
- Self-consciousness and social sensitizing activities:
- a program for e-mail which allows the community to initiate contacts with the inmates; the program is mediated by Rescue Foundation.
- community informing campaigns concerning the needs of the prisoners and the necessity of community involvement in their rehabilitation.( ex. “ The inner change” book collecting campaign).
- experience exchange for some of the staff in Romanian judicial/detention system in Denmark, in order to see the European standards and find proper ways to achieve and apply them in our country.
- fund-raising – informing the guests about the Rescue activities in Romanian prisons.
- Humanitarian Aid activities concerning the reducing of the daily imperative necessities for the inmates:
- at least once a year baling parcels with personal hygiene products, clothes and footwear for the inmates.
- donations of : computers, books, equipment for penitentiaries.
- equipment endowment of stomatology cabinets in penitentiaries.
- Activities centered on emotional support offering and activities which have the purpose of facilitating the social reintegration:
- entertaining activities : table tennis for people in detention, football matches, a room equipped for learning English
- endowment of two painting studios for prisoners.
- mediating the reconnection between the inmates right before their release and their families.
Published in Social Service History
Sunday, 16 June 2019 23:50